Certificates of Deposit
A great alternative to a traditional savings account, Certificates of Deposit (CDs) typically offer a higher interest rate while providing protection against fluctuating interest rates.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
This CD is for individuals who want high rates with a guaranteed return and do not need regular access to their money should consider a Fixed Rate CD.
Easy Access CD
This CD provides easy access to your money with a short six month term and the flexibility to make additional deposits and a withdrawal.
- 6 month term
- Unlimited deposits of $500 or more
- One withdrawal of principal, without penalty, during the 6 month term
- $500 minimum to open
- FDIC Insured
- Free 24-Hour Easy Phone Banking service
Penalty for early withdrawal of funds prior to the maturity date. Not available for IRA or SEP accounts.
Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service – CDARS
With CDARS, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million dollar CD investments through Katahdin Trust Company. Click here to learn more.
Coverdell Education Savings Account
Saving for education? The Coverdell Education Savings Account offers tax advantages if you need to save for a child's qualified education expenses. The earnings on contributions will grow tax free! Click here to learn more.
How do I get the interest earned on my account?
You have two options:
- Add the interest into your CD account and earn compounded interest.
- Have the interest mailed to you in the form of a check, or deposited to another one of your Katahdin Trust Company accounts.
What happens when my CD matures?
You have ten calendar days to choose one of these options:
- Do nothing. Your CD will automatically renew at the current rate and for the same term (except CD specials).
- Move all or part of your money into another Katahdin Trust Company CD or investment product. Call us and we'll transfer the amount into an account of your choice.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is an independent agency of the U.S. government. The FDIC protects you against the loss of your deposits if an FDIC-insured financial institution fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. Katahdin Trust Company is a member of the FDIC. For additional information, please refer to the FDIC website.